A fun and friendly atmosphere that nurtures Islamic learning and tarbiyah for children in a traditional madrasah setting
The Lighthouse is a Muslim supplementary school traditionally known as a Madrasah or Maktab. We admit children between the ages of 5 – 16 years of age and offer them a broad Islamic studies syllabus alongside the study of Quranic Arabic & Tajwid.
“To nurture upright Muslim citizens in society”
“iCARE” | Islam – Compassion – Aspire – Respect – Excellence
- To create a desire for Allah, His Prophet and Islam.
- To promote spiritual, moral, social and cultural development in young people.
- Enable students to be proud of their Muslim identity.
- Create a link between young people and Muslim scholars.
- Ensure students can recite the Quran fluently and with an understanding of Tajwid.
- Ensure students have learnt the essential day to day Muslim prayers.
- Offer students access to a broad Islamic syllabus that includes; basic aqidah, fiqh, Islamic manners, sirah of the Prophet and companions, lessons from the Quran & hadith and an introduction to the Arabic language
We pride ourselves in providing a friendly, comfortable and safe learning atmosphere with a strong student-teacher and parent rapport.
The Lighthouse runs 4 days a week from Monday to Thursday and during term time only. Classes run in two sessions. Session 1 runs from 4.30pm – 6pm. Session 2 runs from 6.15pm to 7.45pm
Tahfeedhul Quran classes run Monday to Friday from 4.45pm – 7.45pm. This is a total of 15 hours per week.
Students in this class are expected to finish their hifdh in five years or less. The Lighthouse will only admit students with a good level of tajwid & fluency in reading. Both parents and hifdh students must be able to demonstrate dedication and be committed.
Further details can be obtained from the office between Mon-Thur 4.30pm-7.30pm. Please call 0121 448 9800 or message 07512 293 333. Alternatively, please leave us a message via our contact us page.
How to apply
If you wish to apply please complete an application form that can be picked up from our office or downloaded below. All completed applications should be returned to The Lighthouse, 215 High Street, Smethwick, B66 3AH. Failure to complete the forms fully will result in a delay in your application being processed.
- The Lighthouse only admits students in September each year.
- If the application is sent by post or email we will acknowledge your application.
- Once there is a space available you will be contacted via the details you have provided.
We will endeavour to place students in their choice of session, however, upon no availability, you will be offered a space where ever possible.